Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The first area to explore - Brindabellas

I've not hit anywhere near as much dirt trail in Canberra as I should have. I mostly did long rides on firetrail preparing for the Triple Tri last year and left it at that. I rode a lot of dirt road near my Mum's place in Seymour, Vic a few years ago and more recently searched out a heap of great, single lane, extremely steep dirt roads in the mountains surrounding Chuncheon, Korea.

There are a few reasons why I am keen to get back into it, and one of them is the road network that I see most days through the Brindabellas. A few mates have ridden in there a lot and their stories have me frothing.

This Sunday, a group of friends and I are planning to ride out to Wee Jasper and back. It'll include 10km or so of dirt... not a whole lot considering the ride is around 160km, but enough to hopefully get some pics and add fuel to the fire.

So here is the PDF that I was shown today. It's one of the catalysts for me starting this blog. Thanks to Dunc! I'm liking the look of a roll down to Mt. Ginini and back, trying to loop somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment