Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wee Jasper out and back





Well, today's ride was awesome!! I was in two minds about which bike to take... the tourer or put some gears on my commuter mtb. i opted for an 8sp set up on the Ritchey, with some 1.3" Conti tires at 80psi. the gear was 46 x 12-30ish and worked a treat. Here are some quick stats: ride distance was about 150km for me, total climbing 2200m, 10km ish of dirt road, 7 riders, ride time was about 6 hours.
We met at 9:40, rode out via Uriarra Rd, Mountain Creek rd and then Yass Rd and stopped for lunch at the stables in Wee Jasper at about 12:15. Stayed there for about and hour and rode back the same way... I got home at around 4pm. The Lamburger at the stables was pretty great and seemed to do me good on the way home. Overall, the stables is a place that's worth a visit! They had Bundy Ginger Beer. Other than that, not too much to report. The weather was perfect.... cool and sunny. I felt better and better on the way home and was really happy with how the bike went.

No comments:

Post a Comment